Thursday, April 24, 2014

Something new has happened here......

So….yea, we moved last week. As in, packed up the entire house, picked up a U-Haul, and moved two hours away to another state. Side note: we have waaaaay too much junk.

This time last week, we were finishing up the U-Haul and standing around in the living room with this crazy-tired look on our faces. “WHY do we have to unbox all of thiiiiiiisss????” Today, most of the boxes are totally unpacked and the house is mostly organized. Yippee!!

I can’t wait to tell you guys the full story about God calling us to move and all the ups and downs that have happened along the way, but this chapter of our story actually isn’t finished yet. As of today, we still can’t see the full picture, we still don’t know all of the tiny details, and we still are just trusting in God and His faithfulness to get us through this point in our lives.

Packing up and moving to a brand new city has definitely been scary. My nephew and his wife live here, but other than them, we don’t know anyone. I had to start a new job this week, which was very scary. This Sunday will be our last Sunday as the Worship Leaders at church, and starting next week we will be on the hunt for a new church (which quite frankly is the scariest part to me….) We had to leave our pretty house out in the country and trade it for a much smaller house in a subdivision. *gulp*

On the flip side, moving to a brand new city has been really exciting. We get the opportunity to meet new people, and the city we are living in now has a *lot* more things to do. My new job has been great so far, and I feel like it’s going to be so much better than my previous job. As scary as finding a new church is, it’s still exciting to think about new ministries we may get involved in. And even though the new house is in a subdivision and it’s smaller than the old house, the house itself is really pretty and the neighborhood is really nice and quiet. Duke and I have already taken a jog through the main streets and those hills kicked. my. butt.  

But the best part is how much closer we are in our walks with Christ now that we’ve started down this new path. We’ve had to place our trust in Him like never before, and it has grown our faith exponentially. I’m learning so much about God’s character and His love for me, and I feel like I’m closer than I’ve ever been in my relationship with Him.

Like I said earlier, I can’t wait to see the rest of these details come together so that I can share it with you guys. For now, I wanted to give you the big news and to ask you for your prayers. As many of you already know from your own  life experiences, when you take a big leap of faith and head in a new direction that God is calling you to, the enemy likes to do everything he can to thwart you. The mental/emotional/spiritual battle through all of this has been exhausting. The enemy has tried so hard to lead me down a path of anxiety and fear, and I’ve had to repeatedly bring my thoughts captive to Jesus and allow Him to fill me with peace. It has been all I can do some days to just stay standing….to not “check out” on Him and give up on His promises for me. I believe I’m through the worst of this battle, and that God is bringing everything to victory in the very near future, but the prayers of my spiritual brothers and sisters certainly have great worth in the heavenly realms. So to everyone that has been praying for us so far: thank you! Your prayers have made a great difference. And for those you are just now hearing our big news, we definitely would appreciate your prayers as well!

And now I’ll close with a street view of our new house…..
 

“I will extol the Lord at all times; His praise will always be on my lips. I will glory in the Lord; let the afflicted hear and rejoice. Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt His name together. I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to Him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame. This poor man called, and the Lord heard him; He saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him, and He delivers them. Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in Him. Fear the Lord, you His holy people, for those who fear him lack nothing. The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.” ~Psalm 34:1-10

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you'll are doing good and getting settled in, we are going to miss you'll, but what ever church you'll pick will be getting a blessing having you'll there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are going to miss all of you so very much!!

      Delete