Monday, May 26, 2014

Guess Whose Birthday It Is???

In the middle of all this moving and unpacking business, I completely forgot….Life with the Casterlines turned two years old this month!

It seems like this a trend though, because I also forgot the blog’s birthdaylast year.

Yea, good thing blogs don’t have feelings. Maybe I’ll do better when it turns three years old?  

 I can’t believe it’s been two years since I wrote this post on May 2nd. My first two sentences on the first ever post? “Well this is the first of hopefully many blog posts. I can't help but admit that I feel a little bit like a dumb-dumb for even having a blog.”

Ha! Hilarious.

Two years and twenty-six days later and the blog is still growing in readership numbers. So perhaps I wasn’t such a dumb-dumb after all!

Things have definitely changed in our lives over the past two years though….. 
-We graduated college.
-We moved into a nice big house in our hometown.
-We launched a second blog, Faith, Marriage & Family.
-We walked through a depressing time of infertility.
-We watched as God pieced together a new vision for our family.
-We packed up and moved to Columbus with a promise of a new job for Roman.
-We saw this promise fulfilled….Roman starts his new job next week!

 
It has definitely been a roller-coaster of a ride, but I am so glad we have shared it with you guys. Y’all have been so sweet to us over the last two years. I can’t count how many comments on this blog or on Facebook we have received that show your support and prayers for us. I have treasured your sweet words of encouragement and appreciation for what has been written here. And I’m so glad that God has used this blog to work in some of your lives as well!

I’m really excited about all that God has done and all that God will do through our little slice of the Internet. We are working on some special ideas to spread our reach with this blog, so stay tuned!

Really though, I can’t thank all of you enough for your support over these last two years. There was a time where I really considered not writing at all, but your encouragement got me through that period and motivated me to keep going. Life with the Casterlines wouldn’t be what it is today without our readers!  So eat yourself a birthday cupcake and we can celebrate together  ;)

Seriously though, cupcakes are awesome. Go eat one.

“Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls downs, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!” ~Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the second anniversary of your blog. Drusilla (http://lovedasif.com/)

    ReplyDelete