Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Shopping Weirdness

Today was my first day back to work after four furlough days, a week long vacation, and then Columbus Day. Dear mister Columbus, thank you for sailing the ocean blue and giving me a day off work. That is all. Dear Congress, thanks for nothing. I lost $537 out of my check last week because of you.

Ahem.

I had every intention of writing this post on my lunch break, but my first day back after two weeks away was kind of like throwing a marriage party for a tornado in a tiny room. See? I'm even writing terrible metaphors because my brain stopped working three hours ago. ANYWAYS, I wound up leaving for lunch because sometimes it is a good idea to step away from the chaos. So here I am at 5:30-ish in the afternoon with a *very* funny story from last week. Well, I think it's funny. If you don't think it's funny, just be gentle and give me a courtesy laugh.

So last week we did a little shopping. We heard of this A-mazing store called Gabriels and decided to check it out. Basically, take a store like T.J. Maxx and make it three times bigger and fill it with cooler, cheaper stuff that is better organized and doesn't smell funny, and you have Gabriels. I think we spent at least two hours in there. Maybe not. I don't know because I was in a time warp surrounded by two dollar shirts that actually fit and lots of cheap jewelry. I am relatively certain I lost track of what day it was.

I'm walking through their home-y stuff and marveling at all the different ways I could decorate my house, when I pass by a row with a young woman pushing a buggy. While she was shopping, she was also talking on her cell phone. I managed to walk by at an excellent time and managed to overhear this "jewel" of the conversation:

"Guess what??!?!?? I talked to my lawyer today. They wound up dropping one of my charges, so now I'm facing only one felony instead of two! Isn't that awesome!??"



:D

:/

:(

O.o



People, generally speaking, it is not good to talk about how many felonies you are facing while shopping. I don't know, it might, like, be sort of weird if an innocent blonde girl overhears you and then shared it on her blog.  O.o

I think I'll go eat some ice cream now.

No comments:

Post a Comment