Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, everyone!!

It’s that time of the year, where all the women vow to be skinnier by summer time and all the men vow to…..actually, I don’t know what men vow to do. Anyways. And so that means it is also the time of year for me to go through what my resolutions were last year, whether or not we were successful, and then list out my resolutions for 2014. So without further ado…

2013 Resolutions

Resolution #1: Lose the college fifteen

Success? HA! Try again. I gained a little more weight rather than losing any. I blame it on the infertility drugs my doctor had me on. Not. My. Fault.

Resolution #2: Be on time for stuff

Success? Yes, surprisingly. I have finally managed to get my sleepy behind out of bed on time and make it to work at 8 rather than *ahem* 8:20. Yay me!

Resolution #3: Read the entire Bible

Success? Sadly, no. I was doing really well for about four months, and then I fell off the wagon. And there’s nothing I can blame it on except myself.
2014 Resolutions
Resolution #1: Be healthier
I don’t just want to lose weight, I want to be good to myself. I want to get more sleep. I want to drink more water. I want to have a regular exercise routine. I want to get my hair trimmed more than twice a year (good Lord the split ends I have right now). I want to cook and eat good food. I want to build my immune system up so that maybe, just maybe, I can not have 8 sinus infections throughout the year. I want to start going back to the chiropractor because man, I feel so much better when I do.  
Perhaps this isn’t exactly a clear resolution, because there isn’t really an actual finish line that I can point to and say “this is where I want to be by December 31st”, but I think the overall concept of being healthier will really work better for me. You know I’ll keep you posted!  ;)
Resolution #2: Have a consistent devotional time
Now that I’ve managed to figure out the whole being-on-time-for-work thing, I really want to take it another step further and wake up early enough to have a morning devotional time. As a Christian and as a worship leader, it embarrasses me to no end to admit to you that I have no set time for Scripture reading and prayer. It is sorely lacking in my life, and I really feel like I should be starting my days off connecting with God rather than going through my to-do list for the day. I bought a ten-week devotional book, “Whispers of Hope” by Beth Moore and so far it is AMAZING. I can’t wait to see my relationship with God grow deeper in 2014.
Resolutions #3: Be content
Here’s another one of those not-really-clear ones….sorry about that.
If I were being honest, 2013 really wasn’t a great year for me. I spent a LOT of my time going to the fertility doctor, taking tests, counting days, and stressing over whether or not the pregnancy test would be positive. I spent much of 2013 on an emotional roller coaster because of all of the hormones I was taking and just the stress of it all.
I’m not doing 2014 like that.
Roman and I have made the decision that in 2014, I will not be taking any of the medicines or going to the doctor every other day. All of that stuff caused so much emotional damage and spiritual damage to us both (particularly me), and right now we’re taking the time to heal from it all.
So for 2014, my goal is just to live in the moment. Roman and I are in the prime of our youth, and will be celebrating our four-year anniversary this year. I want to fill the year with good memories, not bad ones. I want to enjoy the vacations we take. I want to go out and do something exciting. I want to just enjoy being married to him and living life together, not stressing over whether or not we’ll get pregnant this month.
Besides, God doesn’t need me to be on Clomid for me to get pregnant anyways. This year, I’m going to trust in His timing and in His plan for me, and I’m going to operate in His joy as I go through the year.

So there you have it folks! What about you? Any resolutions going on in your house? Feel free to share in the comments!  :)

“Nehemiah said, ‘Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.’” ~Nehemiah 8:10

No comments:

Post a Comment