Sunday, February 24, 2013

Insomnia

I have been laying here for almost an hour. Roman is asleep, and Duke is doing his little leg twitch thing he does when he's sleeping really hard. But I can't sleep.

I've had a lot on my mind these past few days...I've been pretty restless and a wee bit cranky. I'm not even exactly sure what it has all been about. But tonight as I'm laying here listening to some of my favorite songs, I'm reminded of one thing: one day I will get to see Jesus.

When I was in high school, I can remember thinking,  " I don't want to go to heaven yet, I want to get married and have kids and experience life." My high school Bible teacher once explained to me that these kinds of thoughts were normal, but one day I would grow up. And although I would probably have a great life, my more mature self would realize that nothing in this world would ever be as good as being with Him.

And I now understand that. I have an awesome life: an amazing husband, a great job, a loving family...and I could go on and on. God has truly blessed me. But deep inside, I can't wait for the day when my faith will be made sight. I can't wait to spend an eternity with my Father. I can't wait to go to that place where there is no sorrow. No pain. No fear. No tears.

Perhaps some of you know what I am talking about...the excitement of meeting our Creator face to face. But there may be some of you who do not. Who is this Jesus, really?

He is everything to me. He sustains me. He calms my ever anxious heart. He guides me through this messed up world. He saved me from an eternal death. And He wants to do the same for you.

2,000 years ago, my Jesus stepped out of heaven and entered this broken world. He lived among us so He could be brutally murdered.....killed for crimes He did not commit. He bared the sin of this world on His shoulders and sacrificed Himself so we wouldn't have to pay the price for our own fallen nature. And then, three days later He was raised from the dead...death could not hold Him. The grave could not silence His power.

He now sits at the right hand of the Father, awaiting the day of His return to claim His people. And I cannot wait to fall at His feet and kiss those scars and thank Him for His love. I sure don't deserve His love. I sure don't deserve to be saved....none of us do. But that is the beauty of His love.....He loves us, even in our sin. He loves you, right where you are.

If you don't know this Jesus, this God of love, I encourage you to get to know Him. Find a church, a Christian friend, go to the store and pick up a Bible, do whatever you can to get to know Him. I promise you, it'll be the best decision you ever made.

I can't wait for that glorious day when I get to see His face. I can't wait for the day when the worries of this life are gone...when my knee no longer hurts, when there are no more allergies or sickness, no more friends dying of cancer, no more scary stories on the news. And I can't wait to be praising God with His people. See you there?

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall be saved." ~John 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment