Thursday, February 28, 2013

Word up, yo

Everyone has their quirks, whether we want to admit it or not. So just for funsies (and in the spirit of over-sharing), I thought I’d share some of mine with you….
At least once a week, I try to put the milk in the pantry.
A lot of times when I’m cooking, I try to put something in the trash can that doesn’t belong there…butter…syrup….gallon of milk…bread. You name it and I’ve probably tried to throw it away.
I say “like” way too much. You know those silly teenagers where the girls talk stupid and say stuff like such as “And he was like…..and I was like….and then he was like…..” Yea, that’s me except without the dumb accent.
I talk to my dog like as though he’s a baby.
Recently I’ve started whistling when I’m thinking really hard. I’ve noticed that if I’m walking through the parking lot at work thinking about what I need to do or if I’m sitting in my house concentrating on something, I start whistling. Not a bad thing, I guess…except when you consider the fact that I can’t whistle. Sometimes I can get an actual whistle sound, but it doesn’t sound anything like resembling to a song AT ALL….it sounds like resembles a dying pigeon.
I talk to myself. A LOT. I talk to myself when other people are around. I read what I’m texting out loud to myself. I ask myself questions and then I answer myself. But that isn’t a new thing at all….I’ve always done that. I blame my father….he does it too.
Whenever I get up from the table to leave a restaurant, I always have a sudden urge to drink the rest of my drink. It’s like as if I’m thinking that I am about to enter a desert (dessert? desert?) where I won’t be able to drink anything for five days. Or I’m just weird. That’s also a viable possibility.
I like to enjoy adding lame 90’s phrases to my conversations. Some examples include:
Word.
Homie.  
Dude.
Yo.
Any combination of the above (i.e. “word up dude”, “ yo, what’s up homie?”, etc.)

That last one seriously drives Roman nuts, and I think that’s the main reason why I do it. After all, I can’t be the perfect wife can I??!?

Alright, I’ve given more than enough information to embarrass myself here. I know you people have your own little quirks that make you weird like me too….so spill it in the comments section, yo.
“Then our mouth was filled with laughter, and our tongue with shouts of joy; then they said among the nations, ‘The Lord has done great things for them.’”      ~Psalm 126:2

No comments:

Post a Comment