I love easy dinners. What I love more than easy dinners are easy dinners that taste really good. Everyone knows that pork chops and mac n’ cheese is easy, but you can only eat that for so long before your whole family is like “nooooo…….mac n’ cheese again???!?” Last week Roman posted a picture of one our favorite meals and he was asked by several of his friends to dish out the recipe. Your wish is my command! :)
Creamy Pesto Chicken
2 tbsp. butter
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into cubes)
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
3 cups bow-tie pasta
½ cup pesto sauce (we use the basil kind, not the original kind)
½ cup milk
½ cup Mozzarella cheese (optional)
1. Melt butter in a large skillet. Add the chicken and cook until firm (about five minutes). While the chicken is cooking, go ahead and start cooking your pasta in a separate pot.
2. Add the soup, pesto sauce and milk in with the chicken and bring it to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook until chicken is cooked through.
3. Optional: sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and stir it in. (Because we all know that cheese makes everything more awesome!)
4. Drain your cooked pasta and add it to everything and *boom* you’re done.
5. Post pictures of your amazing dinner to Facebook
I discovered this recipe scribbled on a piece of paper in my recipe drawer about three weeks ago and decided to give it a shot. I have no idea where I wrote it down from, or how long it was hiding out in my drawer, but I’m definitely glad I ran across it! We may or may not have eaten it once a week for the past three weeks…… O:)
Easy, delicious dinners work for me!
“Those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.” ~Romans 8:14