Saturday, September 7, 2013

Weekend Warriors

Let me tell you, I am very fortunate to have married a man who cuts the grass. Because I totally HATE cutting grass. But y'all, I'm concerned about my husband's love relationship with his new lawn mower.

Meet Larry the Lawn Mower: 


Larry was given to us by some good friends. He's an older guy, and he's definitely not the prettiest, but he runs and cuts grass and that's all we need. Notice the blade guard fashioned out of license plates.....

 Also notice the lack of engine cover.....


Unfortunately, Larry was not quite in working order when we first got him, so Roman had to do some work on him before he started working properly. As in, until recently he could only turn one direction, so Roman had to cut the grass in crop circles. Pretty funny to me, pretty aggravating to my OCD-with-yard-stuff husband. So for a few days my garage had stuff like this in it.....


Y'all. Roman stayed out there until ten-o'clock one night working on the lawn mower. In his words, I have no idea how awful it is for a man to have to borrow another man's lawn mower because his is broke. And I have no idea how awesome it feel to have my own lawn mower. I guess this is one of those "differences between gender" things, because I would love to never own a lawn mower so that I would never have to cut the grass.

But after a few parts and a few hours of tinkering, my husband excitedly entered the house and declared that the repairs were complete and he was about to cut his grass for the very first time in our married life with his very own lawn mower.  A true declaration of manhood, to be sure. Here he is, living it up.


I will keep you all posted on the creepy love status of my husband and Larry the Lawn Mower. In the meantime, I'm just excited that I don't have to cut the grass. And that we no longer have crop circles in our front yard.


Progress folks, progress.

"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever." ~Isaiah 40:8

No comments:

Post a Comment