Friday, June 8, 2012

Cruisin' (Part 1)

After much growling at the computer screen, I have finally fixed my dilemma. Which means I can finally start sharing pictures from our cruise last week! Wahoo! So, I called this Part 1. I don't know how many "parts" there will be...I guess whenever I decide I've shared enough LOL. So let's get started, shall we?


So we were on the Carnival Paradise, which was such a great ship. We decided that we could probably wad our town up and fit it on this boat. There was so much to do!! The picture below is my favorite place on the boat: The Serenity Deck. The Serenity Deck had two things that I love: 2 hot tubs, and an age limit. You had to be 21 to chillax here, so this place was always calm and relaxing.


This is a picture of what is called the "Atrium". I'm standing on the eleventh floor looking down. They had the big flag up because it was Memorial Day. I was honestly quite impressed at how they honored our Veterans. There were several mentions of Memorial Day and the show singers/dancers in the theater even did a few patriotic songs to commemorate the day. Very cool.


This is just another view of the Atrium, this time from the bottom looking up. The ceiling up this place is glass, hence the name "Atrium". I may have been a little to excited to ride the glass elevators....  ;)


The next picture is the "top" of the boat. I say the "top" because this is actually only the tenth floor, known as the Lido Deck. There is actually twelve floors so there are actually two more decks higher than this one, but this is the largest deck on the boat. And yes, Roman and I did ride down the slide like happy little children. The pool is saltwater too, which would've been cool had I known and kept my eyes shut while going down the slide. Salt in eyes=not too good.


Below is "in my opinion" the coolest room on the boat. I'm not sure why I liked this room so much, I think it has something to do with the billions of round couches and all the lights. Anyways, this is where most of the karaoke was and also where the comedy shows were. If you went out the glass doors (one of them is shown on the right), you found yourself on the Serenity Deck. Maybe that influences my decision??


 This is just a pretty light to me. So I posted it.  :P  It's on the ceiling in the theatre.


And this is a picture of one of the life boats. This puppy holds 150+ people!!! And supposedly, even if it is filled with water it still will not sink. Thankfully, we did not have to test that theory out. And yes, that is a building you see in the background. We took this picture while we were docked in Tampa on the last day.


Alright! I think that is enough for now. I have thoroughly made myself sad because I'm on land again and not on the ship.... haha. I think I should go find some chocolate or something to cheer myself up.  ;)    I hope all of you have a great weekend!

"I will give thanks to the Lord because of His righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High."   ~Psalm 7:17

No comments:

Post a Comment