Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Whole Lotta Weird

This post could be potentially lame or potentially hilarious or both at the same time. I recommend having some chocolate while reading….but not a glass of milk. The chocolate will make it less lame…and the milk might come out of your nose. Or it may not. Who knows? I’m not the boss of you….so eat and drink whatever you want. Or don’t. It’s a free country.
Last night I dreamed that I rode my horse to the gas station to fill her up with gas, only to find that some dude had passed out while pumping his gas (into his car…not his horse….weirdo….WHO DOES THAT???) The paramedics were blocking the entrance to the pump, so I had to ride around to a different pump and my horse was all jittery because of the lights and the dude lying on the ground. Dumb horse…..just stand still next to the gas pump already so we can get out of here. GOSH.

So in the spirit of being a cowgirl, I ate beef jerky for breakfast this morning and drank my coffee black.


Okay….not all of that is true. I would NEVER drink my coffee black. That is just plain nasty. And I also did not eat beef jerky as a result of my dream last night. But I DID eat beef jerky for breakfast this morning. And it was amazing. True story….don’t judge me.
You may think I’m weird….with my strange dreams and my beef jerky eating ways…..but just know that Roman is (in every way) just as strange as me.
Example:
Our shower in the bathroom has a glass door and glass walls and all that great stuff. I walk in about a week ago to find Roman writing a math problem on the shower door with his finger. Conversation proceeded as follows:
Me: What in the world are you doing? Why are you doing math?
Him: Sometimes I just do math. I’ll be standing here…taking a shower….doing math problems in my head and then I can’t figure them out so I write them down. It helps me solve them.
Me: *erupts into laughter*
Him: You never do that?
Me: *continues to laugh* NO!!!! WHY WOUOLD YOU DO MATH IN THE SHOWER??!?? *more laughter*
Him: You mean to tell me you never write on the shower door? Ever? Like…some days I’ll think of a word and I can’t remember how to spell it so I’ll write it in the steam on the shower door so I can see it and figure out how to spell it.
Me: *still giggling* You are the weirdest person I know. In the universe.  

See what I mean? He’s every bit as weird as me. And unfortunately, we are both OCD and weird at the same time. Roman likes to use all the same coat hangers in his closet and has all of his shirts hanging the same way….color coordinated and everything. My closet generally looks like a tornado swept through the place (although I did organize it a little last night at midnight…got one of those crazy cleaning bugs….and yes I was late to work today). I will hang and re-hang the towels in the bathroom until they are perfectly straight….Roman generally leaves his on the floor. So while he is scoffing at my lack of organization in my closet….I am scoffing at his jumbled up towel draped over the edge of the tub.

It’s funny to me how two people can be so different, yet still be perfect for each other. It’s almost like God is playing a joke on us.

God: “Hey Gabriel, watch this. I’m going to create these two people and one day they’re going to get married. She’s going to get mad at him ten million times over his bathroom towel while he continually fusses at her over her lack of closet organization skillz.”
God and Gabriel: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Gabriel: God, you’re so funny.
God: Duh.

(Note: Dear God and Gabriel….I meant no disrespect. Now quit laughing at us.)
Anyways….my point is that we are weird. But you are probably weird in some ways too. So there. Let’s be weird together, m’kay? I hope all you weird people had a really great Christmas. I know we did! Over the weekend I’ll write a big long post with lots of pictures recapping the year of 2012 and then hopefully I’ll get another post in before New Years with my obligatory New Year’s resolutions for 2013 and how I did on my resolutions for 2012. (Hint: the only one I accomplished was not dying on December 21, 2012…a pretty big accomplishment if I say so myself. It definitely makes me feel better about not having a six pack of abs and slimmer thighs. So, yay me!)
“For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh." ~Genesis 2:24
((ADDED: And they shall war over towels and closets. And God shall snicker at them with Gabriel from above. Amen.))

No comments:

Post a Comment