Sunday, December 30, 2012

Resolutin’


It’s the end of 2012 and the beginning of 2013….which can only mean one thing: the world did not implode on December 21st, 2012. It also means that I should clean my house again, since I stopped cleaning it several weeks ago due to the impending end of the world. Ha. Only kidding. But I do need to clean though…….terribly.

The beginning of a New Year actually signals the birth of ten million New Year’s Resolutions. So it is only fitting that I write a post with how I did on my 2012 New Year’s Resolutions and end with my Resolutions for 2013. *deep breath* Okay…here goes!

2012:

Resolution #1: Lose the college fifteen

Results: Hahahahahahahahahahahaha I love chocolate.

….no seriously…..I was doing pretty good with this resolution….up until the point that I tore my ACL in my right knee and it swelled up like a balloon. But I do love chocolate….a whole lot. And that may possibly be a teeeensy weeeensy bit of the problem. But then…how can something so wonderful be bad for you??!??

Resolution #2: Get a tattoo

Results: I’m a wimp. And I probably won’t ever get a tattoo. Not even a little tiny one on my foot like I wanted. Why? Because every time I think about getting one, I wonder how bad it might hurt…and then I automatically chicken out and eat chocolate as a coping mechanism. Please see Resolution #1. Ahem.

Resolution #3: Be on time for work. And all other events that I am supposed to attend. Like church and life in general.

Results: *shoves chocolate in mouth* All I can say is…...I sort of tried? Don’t judge me.

As you can probably already tell…..2012 was not a good year in the Resolution accomplishment department. So how about we finish off this post with some hopeful 2013 Resolutions?

2013:

Resolution #1: Lose the college fifteen

Game Plan: Stop eating chocolate. Hahahahahahaha like that would ever happen. Trying to quit chocolate entirely is like asking a turtle to walk around without its shell. So I’m not going to quit chocolate…..I’m just going to cut back. And since my knee is bad enough to cause me pain but not bad enough to require surgery, I’m going to have to get creative on an exercise plan. Or just chop the bottom half of my leg off with a chain saw.

Resolution #2: Buy a chainsaw

Game Plan: Totally kidding guys.

Resolution #3: Be on time for stuff

Game Plan: I have no idea. So if anyone would like to share how they manage to be on time for anything they attend in life (work, church, your own wedding, etc.) please feel free to share. PLEASE!!

Resolution #4: Read the entire Bible

Game Plan: I have grown up in the church my whole entire life. I got saved when I was five. But I don't think I have read the whole entire Bible. Which is pretty pitiful. So in 2013, I plan on using the little Bible app on my phone to read through the whole entire Bible in one year. The app has a reading plan that evenly sections out the Bible throughout the year so I can complete it, so all I have to do is read. Woop woop!!

So there ya have it folks. I’ll be back tomorrow with a waaay too long post with lots of pictures for a fun recap of 2012. Now if you’ll excuse me, there’s a bowl of M&M’s and a jacuzzi tub full of hot water awaiting my presence. I mean….c’mon, it’s not 2013 just yet, so I can still eat all the chocolate I want…right?!?? 

"Your promise is well tried, and your servant loves it."  ~Psalm 119:140

No comments:

Post a Comment