Thursday, May 10, 2012

Update

Ralph loves looking out the window. I would like to think that he was watching for me to come home, but he actually was probably looking at another cat. Or a bug.


I think the past two years have caught up to me, because I have been so sleepy these past few days. So I decided to take a nap before going to church. Apparently Duke was sleepy too. He loves using my legs as his pillow. I guess they are the perfect height for him.


Isn't he just the cutest? I have the best puppy in the world. Seriously.

Church last night was great. I have to brag, Johnny and Brooke are doing such a great job with our youth. Here they are getting everybody ready for a game.


I apologize about the blurriness, I was busy too when suddenly I thought "hey, I should snap a picture real quick." But like I was saying, our youth is heading in such a great direction. I could see some of our youth last night really getting into the worship service and truly worshipping. Of course, many of them still have a little ways to go, but they are definitely heading in the right direction. I can't wait to see how God uses this group of teenagers!!


Update: If Roman gets off work early enough today he is going to go talk to someone. I can't remember all of the details, but basically, there is a guy that his Dad knows that wants to look at Roman's resume and talk with him about his career goals. He has several contacts throughout South Georgia and also said that many crime labs are starting to hire people from the public rather than making them be cops first. This was really encouraging news for us! So continue to pray with us that God opens doors and places Roman in the career he's meant to be in. Thanks!!
Also, a big thanks to my father-in-law. I can't imagine going through this process without having him. He knows so many people that have been able to help steer us in the right direction. Just in the past week, Roman has probably spent a few hours on the phone with his Dad talking about different options, different agencies, who he should go talk to and all sorts of things job-related. It's such a blessing for us to have parents who truly care about us and want the best for us. So thank you Mr. Robert!!!  :)

Tonight we have another softball game. I'm not going to promise that I will take pictures, but I'll do my best!  :)

This was the verse from my devotion this morning. Isn't it just so encouraging?

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you. I will remove your stony heart from your body and replace it with a living one."  ~Ezekiel 36:26

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me too!! I don't know what translation the guy used in the devotion, but I love the way the second sentence of that verse is worded.

      Delete