Monday, August 20, 2012

What List???

If you read my last post, then you read about my nice pretty list. If you did not read my last post, then let me get you caught up: Roman and I are moving into a new house. We actually were able to get the keys on Thursday (instead of Friday) so we started cleaning/moving in on Friday. I had a list. A really nice long pretty list on what we were going to move on what day. A list that had us paced evenly so that we didn't get too tired or stay up too late. A list that had us spending our first night in our new home on hmmm....let's see.....Monday, August 27th.

Forget the list. We moved in this past weekend. We spent our first night in our new home on Saturday, August 18th.

It was crazy.

It was exhausting.

We still aren't done yet.

And oh yea, I hurt my knee really bad on Thursday (possible torn cartilage) so that made things really interesting. And then I hurt my wrist from using the crutches on Friday so that made things even more interesting.

All I have to say is thank God for our parents and family and friends! They are the only reason we were able to get so much done this weekend.

So here is a quick-ish breakdown of how things went this weekend:

  • Thursday: signed lease and showed our parents and a few of our friends the new house
  • Friday:
    • Got power turned on at new place
    • Marveled at how the air conditioning cooled the house from 89 degrees to 77 in under three hours
    • Started cleaning
  • Saturday:
    • Spent a whopping 200+ buckaroos at Lowe's for things like new locks and a new sink faucet and heavy duty cleaning stuff
    • Cleaned a whole lot more
    • Moved our entire bedroom, bathroom, most of our closet, dining room, living room and some of my office
    • Stayed up until 4:45 in the morning unpacking all of that stuff. Yes, I know....we are completely dumb. But we are also completely OCD and couldn't stand seeing stuff everywhere so we unpacked it all. And then we sat in our jacuzzi tub and let the jets massage our feet for us and then we slept for less than four hours before waking up and doing it all over again. Sounds fun, right?
  • Sunday:
    • Took a thirty minute shower in my new shower with my hot water heater that allows me to take a ridiculously hot shower for longer than 15 minutes. Hallelujah.
    • Went to church. Praised God a whole bunch because we woke up that morning in our new house with a giant hot water heater and a dishwasher and a good air conditioner.
    • Moved almost the entire kitchen, all of the pantry and all of the contents of our fridge (this took waaaaay longer than I thought it would)
    • Moved some of the guest room and some of our music stuff and more of our clothes. Also moved the washing machine and the dryer
    • Moved all of that stuff inside while it was starting to rain. Thankfully the only thing that got wet was Roman and his dad and the washing machine. Also thankfully, they were easy to dry off, unlike the guest room matress (had that gotten wet, but it didn' yay!).
    • Went back for evening service. Tried really hard to stay awake. (not that the sermon was boring, it was actually really great...we were just delirious by this point. And sitting down automatically made our eyes droop.)
    • Unpacked everything. Because we can't learn our lesson from the first time. But we did go to sleep at midnight, which is actually only thirty minutes past when we normally go to sleep. So I guess that wasn't too bad.
So what are the plans for tonight? Rest. I have to get my shoes out of my closet at the old house and we may grab some loose stuff if we have anymore room in the truck, but that is all. After three days of being on my feet and not getting a full-nights sleep, I'm just going to chill today. We also have band practice tonight so it's not like we are going to have a whole lot of time this evening to move stuff anyways. But I figure that with a bum knee I ought to give it some sort of rest before I make it any worse. We will start back up Tuesday afternoon and hopefully finish up by Thursday. Yippee!

As for our "children", Duke absolutely loves the house. He has so much more room to run and play both inside and outside. And Ralph and Lauren are in love with all of the windows. Anytime I'm looking for one of them they are almost always sitting in front of one of the windows watching the birds outside.

And yes, I have used the dishwasher. And it was glorious. It was also raining this morning when I left for work. But that didn't matter because my car was all nice and dry inside of my garage. So I wasn't even sad to leave for work because I was too excited about pressing the button to make the garage door open up.

And Roman found out we have a functioning doorbell. That has brought much excitement to the Casterline household. We are easy to please, folks. Truly.

Roman is supposed to hear something back about the job he interviewed for last Wednesday by this afternoon. So definitely be praying for that!

One last HUGE thank you to everyone that has helped us in this whole moving process. Especially our parents. If it hadn't been for everyone's help, this would have been our weekend:

Friday: Clean
Saturday: Clean
Sunday: Clean some more
Monday: Clean even more
Tuesday: Roman start packing while Sarah

So again, thanks. We are definitely going to have to grill steaks for everybody once things calm down.

And for all of you that are wondering: no, we have not been following our whole "eat clean" thing. Moving=fast food for every meal because all of your stuff is packed up and you're just too tired to care. But I am buying more groceries this evening so hopefully this week we will get back on track.  :)

"My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."                                                                                                                    ~Galations 2:20

No comments:

Post a Comment