Thursday, July 26, 2012

Heaven Forbid.......

There are times for us to be calm, and there are times for us to fight. And guys, it is time for that battle...past time actually. But let me be clear from the start: I'm talking about a fight against the enemy, not people. We do not fight against flesh and blood.....

I think it was last week that Chick-fil-a came out and publicly announced that they were in support of the traditional marriage set down by God. Heaven forbid that they say something so hateful. I am reading this morning about how mayors of cities are stating that Chick-fil-a is not welcome in their cities. I am reading about Hollywood and news reporters slamming them with vulgar language and calling for a national boycott. A man of God stood for what was right, and the beast of homosexuality is now rearing its ugly head.

Listen to me folks, read my words and understand, we have got to start standing up for God! With these new events, the enemy is going to try to pulverize any company willing to stand up for what's right. He wants a swift and final silencing of the people of God. He has already been successful in silencing thousands of our country's leaders. He has already been successful in silencing thousands of our influential citizens. And worst of all, he has already been successful in silencing thousands of churches. And he has done all of this with one tiny word that carries a huge weight: tolerance.

Can I just be honest? I really hate the word tolerance. Why? Because tolerance binds people up in chains. Really big chains. And it seals our mouths shut. And it causes us to go through life with the fear of being politically correct. Tolerance is not of God. He never created us to sit idly by, afraid to speak the truth. Let me say it again, tolerance BINDS YOU UP IN CHAINS!!!

Church of the living God, please, please, please, I beg you please, wake up!! We are letting the enemy have a field day because we are afraid of being seen as hateful. I do not have to tolerate evil in this world. I do not have to let it reign in my life. I do not have to keep my mouth shut! And I will not keep my mouth shut. We are so afraid of making people mad. We don't want to offend anybody and lose our precious friends. We have lost the fear of God. We fear losing people's approval more than we fear the fires of hell. We love being politically correct more than we love the truth of God's Word.

It grieves me, literally grieves my heart to see a church so silent. Don't get me wrong, several people have stood up behind Chick-fil-a's statements. Some are calling for a day of support on August 1st. All of that stuff is great, but I'm talking about bigger things than Chick-fil-a right now. I'm talking about every day life here. I'm talking about when you're at the office and they are having a debate on whether sex outside of marriage is wrong and you keep silent. I'm talking about when a friend is cheating on her husband and you sit idly by and say nothing. I'm talking about when your state is voting on the legality of abortion and you don't show any kind of support. I'm talking about when people are talking bad about your pastor and you don't tell them to hush, you just sit there and listen and nod and smile. And guys, I'm stepping on my own toes here. I have friends who I know are dying and going to hell and I am so afraid of losing their friendship that I do not speak the truth to them. Why can't we understand that this world's eternal souls are so much more important than their approval? But I know good and well that I am not the only one who fears the opinions of others because if I was, this country would not be in the state we are in. We are all responsible for where this nation is today.

It's time guys. Wake up. I'm not telling you to start screaming at people and throwing Bibles at their heads. I am not telling you to write hate speech on your Facebooks towards anyone who is not a Christian. But I am telling you to speak the truth in love. I am telling you to live a life of holiness. I am telling you to stand up for God. I am telling you to start fighting back against the enemy.

We are running out of time folks. We are literally running out of time. And if we sit here with our mouths sealed shut, God is going to come back and let me tell you, He will not be rewarding us for the quiet life we've lived. He will not pat us on the heads and say we did a good job because no one was ever angry with us. His fury will burn against us just like it will burn against the rest of the world. He has called us to be His warriors. He has called us to radical obedience. He has called us to speak the truth in love.

And you know what? I honestly believe that if we would wake up and be what we are called to be, this country would turn around. The economy would get better. There would be peace once more. But God is not going to wait forever for us to get our act together. He's not going to sit up in heaven and watch the church self-destruct while sin and immorality abounds.

We know the love of God. But we forget the wrath of God. And if we don't start engaging the enemy in spiritual warfare, if we don't wake up.....I fear we will soon be reminded of His judgment.

Tick-tock. The clock is ticking. What are you going to do? I refuse to sleep anymore. Love God, love people, and share with them the truth of God's Word.

"He answered me, 'The sin of the people of Israel and Judah is exceedingly great; the land is full of bloodshed and the city is full of injustice. They say, 'The Lord has forsaken the land; the Lord does not see.' So I will not look on them with pity or spare them, but I will bring down on their own heads what they have done.'"                                ~Ezekiel 9:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment