Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Writer's Block

I've always loved reading and writing. I learned how before I was even in K-5 and have been reading books and writing silly stories ever since. But for the past few days, I've logged onto this blog several times, written the title to a post, only to later delete the title and log out. I'm not sure why, but for some reason I just can't seem to come up with anything good to write. It's not like I don't have plenty of topics that I could write about (i.e. our camping trip this past weekend, my beloved child dog, my flowers that are still alive...), it's just that I don't feel like writing about any of that stuff.

*sigh*

But perhaps if I just start writing about something, then my creative juices will start flowing again and I can stop feeling like a dumb-dumb head. So here goes!

I've been reading a lot lately about the concept of "clean eating". Basically, clean eating is eating foods that have not been chemically processed and have natural ingredients. For instance, if I were to do this I would stop eating things like fast food and fried chicken. Yikes! It sounds scary in my mind, but for some reason I keep coming back to this topic. I think God's trying to tell me something.......                 .......Let me explain.

For almost the entire two years I've been married, I've struggled with fatigue. Now I have several theories on this struggle, both physical and spiritual. But the past few months it has gotten really bad. As in I'm-ten-minutes-late-for-work-every-morning bad. The only time I don't feel tired is when I sleep ten hours (or more). And then I can still take a nap in the afternoon and go to bed early that night (naturally this would occur on a Saturday, not during the week!)

I have gone to the doctor several times and have been tested for all sorts of stuff, but all of my levels are fine. So I have just been assuming that this had to do with something spiritual combined with some unknown thing that was stressing me out and sucking out all of my energy.

Until a few weeks ago.

I saw something on one of the Christian blogs I follow about sugar addiction. I had heard of this before, but never gave it any thought. But this time, I read the post, and I've been doing research ever since. We Americans eat an insane amount of sugar. And it's not good for us at all. Some people handle it okay, but others literally become addicted to it. This leads to an overall feeling of sluggishness and fatigue.

Hm. Fatigue. My brain started ticking. Then today I ran across another Christian blog devoted entirely to "clean eating." I had been reading several other websites about this, but I wasn't too sure I could trust them. This one seems a lot more credible, mainly because they aren't trying to sell me anything and it's flooded with Scripture and science. Everything you could ever need is on that website, from how to get started all the way down to how to deal with family members who belittle you for choosing to eat clean.

So now I am considering trying it. Just for four weeks (unless it actually works). Most of the comments said that after just 7 days they were feeling so much better and had so much more energy. So if it takes 7 days for most people to start feeling better, than surely four weeks would be plenty of time for me to feel better (if chemicals in food and sugar addiction really is the cause of my fatigue).

I am praying that this is the answer I've been searching for....that God gently lead me to all of these websites so that I could change my lifestyle and be ready to face the day. I don't like being late everywhere I go. I don't like feeling so tired all of the time. I would love to be one of those morning people who just jump out of bed singing songs and jogging through the neighborhood. And even if I never am a happy morning person, just getting to work on time before my tardy-butt gets fired would be nice!  ;)

Tonight me and my husband will have a talk about all of this. We will pray about it. I will ask his opinion and truly listen. And then we will make a decision. Of course, I will keep you guys posted on what we decide and how I plan to take on all of this.  :)


Whew! Finally managed to write a post. Goodbye writer's block!

No comments:

Post a Comment