Monday, July 2, 2012

TV anyone?

So, this happened over the weekend:

Image from: http://www.gtvhub.com/2010/10/30/dish-network-begins-selling-logitech-revue-for-179-00-plus-shipping/
Woo hoo! Goodbye rabbit ears that never worked, hello countless episodes of NCIS and CSI. So what made us finally make the switch?

1. Roman and I did not want to get satellite TV until we got done with school. It was already a distraction with the four channels we could get, we didn't want to be distracted by 120 channels!

2. The antenna just stopped working for us. It got to a point that no matter where we placed it or how much tinfoil we wrapped around it, we could not get a single channel to come through without it skipping or randomly losing a signal. When there's bad weather on the way and I cannot even watch the local weather on TV, that makes me sad. When my favorite TV show is on (i.e. NCIS) and the antenna only seems to function when there is a commercial playing, well that just makes me mad.

3. The contract for our wireless internet ends in one week. We had a mobile hotspot through Verizon so that I could do my school work anywhere we went: home, car, family's house, etc. It was one of those costs that we just had to swallow, and for $67 a month, sometimes that was a really big cost to swallow. Oh well, the life of an online college student. But now that college is over (woop woop!!), we don't need that bill anymore. So we dropped the internet and picked up Dish Network instead (which we are getting for $42, so we are going to save $25 extra a month). Besides, Roman's phone is also a hotspot with unlimited data, and I have a smartphone with functioning internet, so what's the point of keeping a $67 bill around? That's right, there isn't one.

Roman and I may be camping out on our couch for the next several days, so just let us be. Okay fine, not really. But seriously, I am more than excited about being able to finally watch my shows, the weather channel, and House Hunters on HGTV. Now if I can just remember how to work that darn remote.....     :)   :)

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:  ......a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,"          ~Ecclesiastes 3:1 and 4

No comments:

Post a Comment