Friday, March 15, 2013

Come Sail Away.....

Dude. It’s Friday.
*runs in circle flapping arms like a chicken while screaming at the top of her lungs*
I just did all of that in my head….not in real life.

ANYWAYS. So I told all of you that I was going on a cruise, and although I will not publish to the Internetz exactly when we are going, I will tell you that we are going pretty soon.
That is, as long as Carnival gets their crap together and stops breaking their boats. For realz guys, what’s going on??!?
Today I read on the news that ANOTHER Carnival ship is having issues. What was my response? “Holy crap which ship is it? I’m going to be SO ANGRY if it’s mine and they cancel my cruise.” *Immediately clicks on headline and sighs with relief after confirming that it’s not. my. ship.*
Enter phone conversation:
Mom: Sarah, are you SURE you want to go on a cruise??
Me: Even if I didn’t, it’s too late for that. I would lose every bit of my money if I cancelled now with the cruise being so close.
Mom: ……..I don’t want you to go.
Me: I’m going.
Mom: Don’t complain when your ship breaks.
Me: Let it break. That just means I don’t have to go back to work for a longer period of time.
Mom: ................you're crazy.

And yes, that seriously is my logic. Once my ship gets a good distance away from the Americaz, I do. not. care. if it decides to break. Because at that point, I am on the ship. I am  not at home. And it will be longer before I get back. As long as we don’t hit an iceberg, then I’m good. And if we hit an iceberg in the Bahamas, I think we have bigger problems. Just saying.

The only thing I’m anxious about is leaving my dog. I hate leaving Dukey-face behind.
1) It makes me sad because he’ll think we’re just leaving the house and he won’t realize until later that we aren’t coming back for a while.
2) He is my child and I always worry about him when someone else is babysitting him.
3) I love my puppy dog and I’m not sure I remember how to sleep in a King sized bed without him hogging half the mattress.

But besides that, I’m super duper exicted and can’t wait. I want to go ahead and pack my suitcase but it’s not even close to being time for that yet. Now if Carnival can just stop breaking their ships so my mother will calm down, that’d be great. If it didn’t cost so much, I’d make a collect call to her halfway through the trip so I could prank her…

Me: MOM, our ship just broke down and I’m stranded in the Bahamas. Put Duke on a plane, stat! I’m never coming home and I want him here with me.
Mom: ………..I can’t believe you just did that to me. I nearly had a heart attack.
Me: MWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! K, love you, bye!!
*click*
I’m fairly certain that would make me seem really immature though, which I’m totally not. I’m like the mature-est person I know.


“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”  ~Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment