Thursday, July 25, 2013

Wait on the Lord

Whew! Has anyone else's week flown by, or is it just me? I'm all off-balance because I've been doing training all week at work. So not only have I spent my entire week struggling to stay awake and NOT spending my time in front of a computer screen, I've had to spend my entire week learning about statistics. 

I did not enjoy college. One of the main reasons I didn't enjoy it? My statistics classes. Imagine my joy when I was asked to attend a statistics class for a week by my boss. Now you understand.All I'm saying is, thank you God for games on my phone and strong coffee.....because I've totally needed them both this past week.  ;)


I was talking to my Pastor yesterday about some things, and a comment he made has been stuck in my mind ever since: "We will just have to wait on the Lord and see what He does."

At first, it seems like something simple, but when you stop to think about it, that one sentence really is quite profound. 

Roman and I have been dealing with some heavy stuff lately. I may go into more detail later, but here's a quick run-down:
  • Some health-female stuff on my end
  • Financial problems (can anyone say "government furlough"???)
  • An issue with a close family member
In all three of these problems, I'm incredibly limited on what I can do. Sure, I can spend money wisely, but when you lose $550 of your net pay per month due to a furlough, there's only so much you can do. And as far as the other two items go.......well, my only real option is to pray about them and leave them up to God.

That is why that one sentence has really stuck with me. As Roman and I walk through some tough times together, we can take comfort in one thing: the Lord will fight for us.

The Lord is working on my health issue.

The Lord is working in our finances.

The Lord is working with my troubled family member.

My one true job in all of this is to simply hand everything over to Him in prayer, and then wait to see what He does. And oh yes, stop stressing about it while I'm waiting.  ;)

I'm sure Roman and I are not the only ones dealing with at least one difficult issue right now, so let me just encourage you to wait and see what the Lord will do in your situation. I promise you He will not leave you to walk through this alone. You may not see the results of your prayers right. this. minute. But rest assured, He's working on your behalf!

Tomorrow is my furlough day, making today my "Friday" (the only good part about a furlough!), so I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!! Tomorrow I'm going to make believe I'm on the beach and eat ice cream. Because seriously, my brain has GOT to recover from all the statistics. Sheesh. 

"The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still."  ~Exodus 14:14

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to start my Friday! Love you! Kim C

    ReplyDelete