Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Thank You!

I'm so very thankful for all of your prayers and well wishes as I recover from my surgery. I have the best family and friends I could ever ask for. All of the phone calls and text messages and Facebook messages mean so much to me.

Yesterday was not the greatest day. After I woke up from the anesthesia I was in a lot of pain, so they gave me some pretty strong stuff through my IV within minutes of me waking up. That worked well, but when they got me up later on to get me dressed and to see if I could put any weight on my leg, I realized that the medicine they gave me was making me extremely dizzy, which in turn made me extremely nauseous. So for about an hour I tried sipping on some Sprite and nibbling on some crackers, but that really didn't help much. The nurse saw that my color in my face was still not returning so she asked me if there was any anti-nausea medicine I knew I could take. I did, and so she started me on an IV drip right away.

The new medicine started working quickly, but it always makes me sleepy. So I slept pretty much the whole way home. Unfortunately, when we got to the pharmacy they said that the prescription I had was not very clear and so they would have to call and get it figured out. It would take about an hour. So we went home and got me inside and situated. But by then the other pain medicine had worn off and I was in a lot of pain. We called the pharmacy and they told me I could go ahead and take some Tylenol while I waited on my prescription stuff. I ate a baked potato, took the Tylenol and went right to sleep.

I remember Roman telling me he was going to get my prescription, and I told him not to wake me up when he got back because I wasn't hurting too bad and I wanted to sleep. That was a big mistake. I went from 3 that afternoon until I woke up at 7 without any pain medicine except Tylenol and I was hurting. BAD. Roman warmed me up some soup right away so I could take my prescription, but the pain had already gotten ahead of me. The vicodin (sp?) knocked me out within thirty minutes (hallelujah). Roman got me up at midnight to take some more and get me ready for bed. I was still in a ton of pain because I still had not "caught up" so to speak. So getting ready for bed was not fun for either one of us. But thankfully when I woke up at 4 this morning for my third round of meds I had finally gotten ahead of the pain. I am feeling a whole lot better now and it doesn't bother me much at all when I get up to go to the bathroom and all that, so praise the Lord!
Thankfully, a full ACL reconstruction was not needed. Unfortunately, my meniscus was torn (we couldn't tell from my last MRI if it was just my ACL that was torn or if my meniscus was torn as well.) So he had to do a good bit of "cleaning" around my ACL and my meniscus. And Roman said the doctor told him something about some flakes of cartilage that he found as well that he cleaned out. I'll know better details this Friday when I go back for my check-up, but it sounds like my knee was quite a sight for sore eyes. But the other great news is that there was no arthritis under my knee cap, so I am expected to make a 100% full recovery! That is definitely good news because my doctor wasn't sure if I had early onset arthritis or not, and if I did then I was basically going to be in some amount of pain for the rest of my life. So praise God that there was no arthritis and that I'm on the road to a full recovery!

Again, thank you all so much for thinking about me and praying for me in all of this. I can't tell you how much it means to me and Roman. Having a great group of family and friends makes all the difference in the world. And of course, a big thank you goes out to my dear husband, who has had to put up with all of my "demands" and whiny faces. You're the best, babe!

I'll be sure and keep all of you posted as I continue in my recovery! I love you all!!


"The Lord works righteousness and justice for all who are oppressed."  ~Psalm 103:6

No comments:

Post a Comment